To take care of your smile, you put the odds in your favor by brushing your teeth at least twice a day, avoiding the consumption of foods that damage your teeth , seeing your dentist regularly… Only then, your teeth are misaligned and you do not feel comfortable when you smile Know that it is never too late to correct a misalignment of the teeth and show off a beautiful smile.
Prevent teeth alignment problems
- It is possible to prevent teeth alignment problems by abandoning certain bad habits. Avoid innocuous gestures that put pressure on the teeth: chewing on the tip of a pen or a straw, blowing bubbles with gum, etc., are small habits that may seem innocuous to you but, nevertheless, have the same effect on the teeth as sucking. your thumb Speaking of paille, on évite bien sûr l’excès de sodas et other jus de fruits, dont l’acidité et la teneur en sucre sont nefastes pour les dents (pour découvrir les aliments qui risquent d’endommager vos dents, c ‘is over here).
- Stop sleeping on your stomach: When you sleep on your stomach, the teeth that press on the pillow are pushed into your mouth. This pressure can lead to overlaps. And it’s even worse if you put your arm under your head because the pressure on your jaw is even stronger. He prefers the position on his side or on his back!
- Do not press your jaw against your hand: when you work, you probably tend to press your chin or jaw against your hand, it is a reflex that we all have. Note that this gesture exerts strong pressure on the jaw and teeth. Over time, the teeth are pushed into the mouth and move.
Traditional methods to realign teeth.
- Conventional bands (placed on the external face of the teeth): it is the most widespread and economically most affordable technique. The brackets are attached to the outer surface of the teeth and connected by a metal dental arch that is tightened or replaced every 5 to 10 weeks.
- Lingual bands (placed on the inside of the teeth): This invisible orthodontic technique is becoming more and more popular. The rings are placed on the inside of the teeth, which is much more aesthetic and less annoying.
As for the prices, you have to count between €700 and €1,000 for the classic rings (and between €1,000 and €1,500 for the ceramic version). For lingual rings, which are more expensive, count between €2,500 and €5,000.
The Alternative Method
This is the Invisalign method. This method is based on the use of a series of transparent and removable aligners created to measure to adapt perfectly to the dentition of each person. These aligners generally need to be worn 22 hours a day for 10 to 24 months to optimally correct dental defects and changed approximately every 2 weeks. Prices range between €3,500 and €5,500 knowing that, for the lightest cases, it is possible not to exceed €2,000.
Having white and aligned teeth has become a great concern. Know that it is never too late to show off a harmonious smile. So if you don’t like your teeth, don’t hesitate to consult an orthodontist, he will be able to recommend the technique that best suits your problem.