Formerly a symbol of a shave somewhat outdated by the image of peasants, workers or soldiers practicing this legendary act in sometimes difficult conditions, the man of the 21st century rehabilitates the traditional shave but approaches this virile gesture par excellence with a notion of pleasure! !
A few decades ago, some gentlemen would go to a barber shop where a barber would shave their beards and collar then cut their hair at the same time. Those Gentleman I liked to meet men in a world of men for this more or less spaced but regular care.
In the 1930s the mechanical razor appeared on the market, then the razor relaying the razor… in the background. And it was not counting the wave of the «seventies» that definitively put him into oblivion… just like the barber’s trade itself.
Scissors, razors, combs, brushes, brushes and razors are once again hairdressing tools that today receive their usual male clientele in salons that are often welcoming to gentlemen on the occasion of an exceptional event such as their wedding. Relaxing in a leather armchair, chatting discreetly, pampering and advising in a world of men has become fashionable.
We see that aestheticism comes first, beard shaving has become a true care of the face both by men themselves who choose to perform their daily skin care only in their bathroom .
These are the 5 “commandments” for a perfect shave:
- – A face cleanser to absorb impurities and excess sebum for a completely «clean» skin,
- – A good exfoliation with a scrub once or twice a week will remove ingrown hairs from your beard ( which usually cause small pimples and… cuts when passing the razor blades ) and will revitalize your epidermis
- – Correctly raise the unruly hairs of your beard with a pre-shave treatment that will soften, without irritating, your beard before receiving your shaving foam or gel that you have chosen suitable for your skin type ,
=> see below the details of a test carried out with hydroplane shaving cream (Billy Jealousy) from Geribook beauty test
- – Vigorously handle the 100% natural badger hair shaving brush with its foam, and delicately handle the 3 or 5-blade mechanical razor
- – After the passage of the sharp blades…. use an aftershave balm or lotion to moisturize your skin, it will thank you !
You have understood, gentlemen, when you say a good shave you mean… good preparation of the skin, and a step that should not be skipped is hydration to improve the appearance of the skin and reduce irritation. Do not hesitate, shave!