Just like women, men are increasingly attentive to the quality of the cosmetic care they use. Beyond the active ingredients used and the formulations offered, they are more inclined towards the use of natural products, labeled as Organic or Vegan, and for the preponderance of a clean composition, without chemical substances.
It is in the context of this observation that the Verde + El Caballero brand , a German company, has created a range that responds to this growing need. From facial cleanser to moisturizer, from toning lotion to shaving oil, everything is inspired by nature. authentic vegan and certified organic by the Cosmos Organic label .
It is Thomas Geierhos and Frank Herkenhoff who are at the origin. A real commitment, as Thomas tells us: “We quit our jobs and started our own company. Because we wanted to design sustainable products ourselves that were not only good for us, but also good for the environment. And because we couldn’t find a men’s grooming brand on the market that was not only reliable, but also stylish and authentic, we decided to launch it ourselves.»
Beyond this determination to offer modern men natural cosmetic care with ingredients sourced from organic farming and without any chemicals, we wanted to know how Green + The Gent differed from other organic brands for men.
And you will see that nothing is left to chance.
As you probably know, cosmetic products mainly contain a water phase and an oil phase, as well as plant active ingredients, surfactants, emulsifiers, essential oils and many other substances in smaller quantities.
In traditional products, water is used as a zero-cost filler, but it has no function and does not hydrate. The water does not pass through the skin (and luckily) but evaporates on contact with the epidermis. This is confirmed in 2 points: the INCI list of a product that generally begins with Aqua/Water (order of importance of the ingredients), and the sensation of freshness during the application of your care, inherent in the evaporation of this water (as when you get out of the pool). The attractive idea of Green + The Gent is to replace the aqueous phase with Aloe vera juice , which becomes the star ingredient of the formulation. Aloe vera, in full concentration, is a desert plant that serves as the ideal moisturizer.
To this, the laboratory also adds plants such as elderberry, ivy and hops in a generalized way, except in the «Face + Shave Oil» shaving oil, which consists of essential oils.
The commitment continues with the use of only natural and mainly organic ingredients, without dyes and synthetic fragrances or even without raw materials based on mineral oil. All products are vegan and the packaging is recyclable.
But let’s talk in more detail about the range currently offered by Green + The Gent. It is a set of treatments designed to meet all the daily expectations of men. You will find the essentials for the face, but also what is necessary for a delicate shave and beard maintenance:
- gentle facial cleanser The first treatment par excellence before applying your moisturizer, cleansing removes dead cells and other residues of pollution or perspiration. Its formulation and ease of use make it an extremely simple product to adopt as part of the daily routine. Its fragrance with spicy and fresh chords of juniper, cardamom, nutmeg and vetiver, allows cleaning to be associated with the pleasure of the senses. Keep in mind that thanks to the Aloe Vera it contains, this cleanser does not dry out the skin.
- The tonic lotion . This refreshing treatment is an undeniable advantage of the range. Little known by men, the toner does, however, significantly improve the balance of facial skin by maintaining its natural pH and freeing it from the limestone contained in tap water. A welcome intermediate step before using your moisturizer.
- The moisturizer . Our purpose today will go far beyond the desire to convince you to use a moisturizer on a daily basis. It should be noted that this has a cream gel texture which makes it a light formula, very moisturizing and suitable for all skin types. The product is easily absorbed without leaving any residue on the face. The formulation is ideal for preventing premature aging of the skin. On the fragrance side, we remain in the masculine universe in our own right thanks to notes of citrus fruits, cedarwood and patchouli.
- L’ shaving oil (also for the face) . Face + Shave Oil is a hybrid product with a double function: a natural oil for the face intended for dry or dehydrated skin, lacking in lipids, and then as shaving oil, instead of the traditional shaving foam. . It is a pure blend of natural oils (apricot, jojoba, sweet almond, etc.) and first cold-pressed organic oils. Its composition in essential oils does not make it a greasy care but rather a contribution of flexibility to the skin. In addition, they provide valuable vitamins and antioxidants and good hydration. It can be used to contour the beard and as a nourishing treatment for the hair.
- Shower gel and shampoo 2 in 1 . Let’s wrap up what you’re likely to use first! To start the day off right, and for those looking for a simple and soothing solution, 2-in-1 shower gels are ideal as long as they contain particularly nourishing and moisturizing ingredients, of course! This gentle and natural non-drying hair and body cleanser meets this requirement and is suitable for daily use. Its creamy-gel texture and the natural coconut oils it contains have already convinced more than one!
Find all the natural cosmetics for men from Green + The Gent in the e-shop of DH Cosmetics, authorized distributor in France.