The Best Systems for Doing LinkedIn Digital Marketing Explained
It is clear that LinkedIn digital marketing is something that we cannot ignore because it is very easy to use and the benefits it provides are great. Linkedin is a social network that aims to connect professionals from all over the world, both individuals and companies, through a convenient and easy-to-use platform that allows you to create and share content with professional value.
This applies not only to all international brands already present on the market. But also, to SMEs that are just starting to enter the digital world, and to all professionals who want to share their work ideas with the world. If you have a strategy, we recommend that you consider incorporating LinkedIn digital marketing into your social networks.
LinkedIn is a business and employment-oriented social network. Its goal is to be more than just a communication network, but the largest professional network in the world where both companies and professionals can promote themselves, grow their business and their network, and generate an effective LinkedIn digital marketing strategy.
Many people may mistakenly think that LinkedIn is just a platform to upload CVs to find a job, but that would make it another job search platform, or simply a human resources tool, it is not.
As we mentioned in its definition, its main function should always be communication with other people who want to do business or simply want to share knowledge and professional experience. To be more precise, although it may seem like a casual social network, it is not a social network for posting memes, funny videos, or anything that is not in the professional field.
How Does LinkedIn Work?
Generally, at the user level, it works like any other network. You have to create your profile and decide whether it should be personal or business, but before that you have to decide what is your goal, what do you want to achieve after creating such a profile.
The main objectives include:
- Find a new job or change your current job.
- Hire qualified employees for your business.
- Direct LinkedIn users to your website.
- Get leads.
- Find people who are willing to invest in your business.
- Find companies to invest in.
- Find professional companies to buy your products or services from.
- Share your knowledge and experience in your area of expertise.
- Stay in touch with your colleagues.
- See at a business level how your department is doing.
LinkedIn Digital Marketing: The Web Platform
Networking is a word that refers to the creation of a network of contacts on the Internet for job opportunities, business, and collaboration in various ways. LinkedIn is a space that is not only perfect for this practice, but built for it. This is accomplished by sending invitations to other users to become part of your network of connections through a mechanism known as a «connection.»
LinkedIn has three levels of connection:
- First Degree (Level 1): These are contacts with whom you have a direct connection because one accepted the other’s invitation. It is similar to a Facebook friends list. The maximum number of contacts you can get is 30,000.
- Second degree (2nd): They are users that you may know because they are already in your first degree network of contacts. When they accept your invitation, they become part of your first degree contact list.
- 3rd degree (3rd degree): They are users who belong to the «second degree» network of contacts, so it is less likely that you know them. Sometimes you can’t send them an invite directly, but you can send them a message.
LinkedIn As an Advertising Platform
The great advantage of LinkedIn is that it not only serves people perfectly, but it is a very interesting place for companies to generate valuable content on their profiles and do social selling; that is, with potential customers. Build a relationship of trust before they finally decide to buy a product or service.
Now, to develop a Linkedin digital marketing strategy, we recommend the following:
- Images still top the list: Whether you’re sharing a link to a blog post, infographic, or video, remember that the first hook is always images, so aim for a design that grabs attention and meets your needs.
- Statistics are important: This applies to all social networks, but on LinkedIn it is more of a requirement than an extra. This is due to the fact that it is a network of professionals, so they are more interested in details than vague data.
- Find the best time to post on LinkedIn.
- Use LinkedIn Live: This can be a very interesting option for your LinkedIn digital marketing content strategy, since it allows you to hold small meetings to answer questions, offer mini-lessons, share knowledge, etc.
- Be careful with your copy: it is recommended that you keep it short and that the images do the talking for you, but if you want to create a long post, make sure that the paragraphs do not exceed 4 lines, that there is enough space and that the information is specific to the subject and has value.
- Respond to comments: Like user networks, companies need to maintain two-way communication with their contacts.
- Use LinkedIn Ads, create segmented campaigns, offer your services to other users through page banners, personal messages, feed posts, etc.
Benefits Of LinkedIn Digital Marketing
After all that we have discussed about this professional network, it is clear that it has many advantages.
It allows you to strengthen your brand image at a business level, since the network is widely used worldwide by all the leading companies in their markets, so the simple fact of having a well-updated profile will give you an advantage over companies that do not.
It helps you find potential talented employees thanks to its search engine, which allows you to filter characteristics by position and department, or by the established network of contacts. This opens up opportunities for B2B (Business-to-Business) businesses; that is, all companies that want to offer products and services to other companies. This is a very significant advantage compared to the conversions you get from other networks like Facebook that are more B2C (business to customer).
A LinkedIn digital marketing SEO strategy gives you more visibility than other platforms by using a keyword that is relevant to your business or what you want to achieve. This brings you closer to more suppliers in your industry, from all over the world. This can be seen as a positive consequence of the business-to-business opportunities we mentioned.
It gives you a broader understanding of trends in your industry, both on a business and professional level, allowing you to see and analyze the performance of your competitors and other similar businesses.
Another way to promote your product or service organically is by creating valuable content or using LinkedIn’s Ad Promotion Guidelines. If you drive traffic to LinkedIn, you will increase traffic to your website and other social networks.
To do this, you can start conversations with interesting publications that have a CTA (call to action).
How To Make a LinkedIn Digital Marketing Strategy?
Did you know that 86% of consumers are influenced by recommendations? There is nothing as powerful as word of mouth marketing, especially for a small business.
Most companies forget to harness the potential of their employees to produce great content. Your employees have the knowledge to provide great information, the experience to speak on functionality and not just technicalities, and are, hopefully, loyal to the company.
Use LinkedIn Sales Navigator for your plan and generate a powerful B2B networking. In this way you will reach the contacts you need to expand business opportunities.
Did you know that there are at least 1 billion searches on LinkedIn every year, and 89% of purchases start with a search engine? This tells us that it is not enough to just have a well-designed profile, and that it is important to make sure that your personal profile, or company profile is searchable and has good exposure.
- Generate frequent content (3 times a week at least).
- Write short articles, no more than 500 words.
- Share links to your blog or other professional-themed blogs.
- Publish infographics.
- Upload short explanatory videos (no more than 4 mins).
LinkedIn gives you the option to add advanced apps to your profile or company profile to boost your business and personal brand, build brand awareness, get more leads, expand your network, etc.
LinkedIn also has different options for generating guidelines and advertisements to increase your business base.
Learn About the LinkedIn Algorithm
Like other networks, LinkedIn also has its own algorithms that control the display of posts to users.
Knowing how their algorithm works will give you visibility so you know what to do when you post and what Linkedin likes.
The main objectives of the professional cooperation network are two:
- Prioritize relevant content.
- Promote participation.
This means that you should prioritize sharing content relevant to your industry and leave your daily content for another social network.
You can view the performance of your past posts and see if your LinkedIn digital marketing strategy is doing well. This allows you to discard image types that don’t work well, and repeat patterns that work well.
- Follow the evolution of metrics, and analyze the impact of posts.
- Save time when planning your content.
You can learn more about LinkedIn and how to create a successful LinkedIn marketing strategy on our site Para Hombre