Translucent powders are exactly what you need to beautify the texture of your skin, hide imperfections and absorb excess sebum that makes you look like a disco ball on summer days… and all without seeing fire! We tell you everything in this article.
What is translucent powder?
Translucent powder is one of those invisible makeup touches that hits the spot! As its name suggests, it is a powder that comes in compact or loose form and is applied transparently to the skin. This means you don’t have to worry about the tone, it suits all skin tones!
Why use translucent powder?
Translucent powder is multifunctional. Know that it is above all the friend of oily skin, as it mattifies the complexion and prevents the «shine» effect. You can use it to camouflage a blemish, reduce dark circles that are a little too visible, or simply for a «healthy glow» effect! For men who are used to makeup, the translucent powder allows the makeup to be set on the complexion. And for the minimalists, let them know that it is very possible to use it as a dry shampoo between two washes!
How to use ?
To use the translucent powder, it is very simple. First, equip yourself with a large, Kabuki-style brush for quick and easy application. Then, after cleansing and moisturizing your face, you can move on to the application. Pick up the desired amount of powder with your brush and apply evenly. No lizard, translucent powder doesn’t require great precision!
How to choose your translucent powder?
To choose your translucent powder, we are primarily interested in the ingredients! Obviously, it will be better for your skin to choose a translucent powder with a maximum of natural ingredients such as clay, known for its ultra-absorbent nature. Specifically, we can recommend the PuroBio brand translucent powder for its low price and its smell of coconut… Then you can switch to the Laura Mercier powder, a bit like the star of the translucent powders on the market, that is also available in a version Tinted to suit darker skin tones.
Is it possible to make your own translucent powder?
In fact, if you are more of a DIYer you can choose to make your own translucent powder.
How to make your own translucent powder?
Here is a little recipe that will allow you to prepare a custom made translucent loose powder for less than 7 euros! It will only take a few minutes…
For the ingredients:
- For one, you will need the clay. Depending on your complexion and your wishes, you can choose white for an ultra-sheer effect, pink for a healthy glow, or yellow for an olive complexion. For darker skin tones, you can add an amount of cocoa to the clay for a more suitable transparent effect;
- On the other hand, a packet of cornstarch, you will want to choose ultra-fine to avoid giving your powder a grainy look that will be unpleasant to apply.
You can get all this in supermarkets or organic stores. Also provide a pot with a tightly closed lid, a mortar and pestle.
- First of all, start by washing your hands well.
- Pour an equal amount of white clay and cornstarch into the mortar. Make sure that the final amount does not exceed the capacity of the jar…
- Crush the powder mixture with the mallet until a very fine and uniform texture is obtained.
- Mix the powder and repeat the operation with the mallet.
- Take a small amount of powder between your fingers to ensure the correct texture of the powder.
- Sanitize the pot so it is ready to receive the powder.
- Pass the homogeneous mixture to your pot… And that’s it!
To use your homemade translucent powder, if you don’t have a brush, know that a good old cotton ball will do the trick… If your jar doesn’t contain a strainer, be careful not to take too much powder and shake before application.
For the conservation of your translucent loose powder, nothing very complicated. Get used to storing it in a place away from heat. Under these conditions, you can use it without problems for at least 6 months.
Also discover the MMUK Man translucent ready-to-wear powder for men, for a premium avant-garde look and available on the DH Cosmetics e-shop!
So, did you know about translucent powder? What do you think of men’s makeup? Do you usually use it or for you is it rather Never forever ? We want to know, tell us in the comments!